Monday, November 26, 2012

Books, episode 2

Brandon and I went to a new friend's house yesterday and we played a game called "Celestial Companions" (or something like that) and it's pretty much like the Newlywed Game.  One of the questions said "Which does your wife have the most of: Books, Shoes, Friends or {enter the 4th option here which I can't remember}?" and it made me laugh.  Brandon answered correctly, obviously, and I made the comment that I probably have more books than the other three things combined.
It's so true.
I love books.  I don't just mean reading books, although I do love that, but the fell and smell of books as well.  When Brandon and I moved to Roanoke last October I knew that we weren't going to stay in that house for more than a year; I hated it from the first week we were there.  As a result, I never unpacked a large majority of our books because I knew I was just going to have to pack them back up again.  That meant that about 75% of my books were boxed up for over a year.  When we moved out of that dreadful place and down to Burgaw, I unpacked them all and took pleasure in piling them up into categories, sorting them by publication date and then placing them onto the shelves.  After putting them onto the shelves I would just run my hands along the spines and simply enjoy the fact that I had my books back.
Imagine, having more shoes than books. Who needs that many shoes?  I'd rather have a good story any day.
As to friends...well, I can't exactly box them up and move them with me wherever I go. Although there are some that I'd like to.  Two specifically that I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment