Thursday, August 8, 2013

The last day of 27

Tomorrow is my 28th birthday. I used to celebrate birthdays (and I still do) but recently I've started really recognizing the fact that today is the last day I'll be 27. Ever. Never again in my life will I be 27 after today. And a year ago today it was the last day I would ever be 26. And a year from now will be the last day I will be 28. And so life will go on (hopefully). It's not so much that I lament growing older and adding another year onto my age. "How old are you?" "28" is not a conversation that depresses me, it's just that I am overly nostalgic about everything and the idea that I'll never again be 27 strikes me.

And everything strikes me these days. And breaks my heart.

And just because I think this is so darn cute:

No comments:

Post a Comment