Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A little more on books, and a bit on movies

I just finished Eat, Pray, Love and I did a full review of it on my Goals Blog. I loved it. It was amazing. This woman goes on a year long journey to heal herself after a bitter divorce and she learns so much in the process. It's great.
Anyway, as I was winding down that post, I started thinking about the fact that I'm about to go watch the movie "Eat, Pray, Love" and how much I hope that Julia Roberts does the Liz character justice - and then I started thinking about how other actresses did NOT do justice to the character of Elizabeth that they played.
Example #1:
I usually LOVE Keira Knightley, but man, she was NOT Elizabeth Bennet.
Example #2:
Yet another failed attempt at Lizzy. Ugh. I don't know why I hated it so much, other than the fact that Elizabeth Bennet has a certain quality about her and neither of these actresses captured her.
On the other hand...
There will never be a better Pride and Prejudice, so I hope everyone saves themselves some money and just stops trying.
And on the topic of Colin Firth...
That reminds me of his recent film:
Haven't seen it yet? You must. It was the best movie I have ever seen. Seriously. And they came out with a PG-13 version that either just came out in theaters or is about to. No excuses!!!

So, remember, now on your to-do list from Anne is:
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
"The King's Speech"

Ready...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment